Bishop of Hexen Bio
Dimrost - Keyboards
Prof. Van-Helsing - Drums
Lord Koder - Vocals
Ariel - Guitar
"Bishop of Hexen" was formed in late 1994 early 1995, in Ramat-Hasharon, Israel.
After a few line-up changes, the band started working on its material,
in a more intensive and professional direction & form.
In the beginning of December 1995, "Bishop of Hexen"
entered the studios to record its debut demo tape: "Ancient Hymns of Legends & Lore",
it saw light in the breaking of the New Year,
at January 1996, and presented the following tracks:
01. Intro: "Revival of the Pact of Indictment"
02. "Penetrating Seduction of Pure Beautiful Innocence"
03. "The Surreal Touch Between Steel & Flesh"
04. "Lure My Spelled Emotions"
05. "To Begin the Quest Towards the Noble Dark Cause"
06. Outro: "The Fascinating Installment of Triumph"
The demo tape got extremely good response from the world wide underground metal scene,
and was completely sold out at 450 copies.
Numerous record labels where interested in signing the band for a record deal and finally
"Bishop of Hexen" signed with "Hammer Heart productions" for its first album.
In July 1996 the band entered the studios once again
and released its full length album masterpiece in April 1997,
entitled: "Archives of an Enchanted Philosophy",
presenting 8 tracks of the most emotional atmosphere & melodic black-metal art ever released:
01. "Crossing the Borders Between Light & Darkness"
02. "The Surreal Touch Between Steel & Flesh"
03. "Lure My Spelled Emotions"
04. "Wading Through Sensuous Journeys"
05. "When a Witch Becomes a Pale Bride"
06. "Diaries of Primeval Tragedies"
07. "To Begin the Quest Towards the Noble Dark Cause"
08. "The Fascinating Installment of Triumph"
"Bishop of Hexen" appeared in numerous compilation's
and among them in the 1996 Compilation CD "Under the Pagan Moon",
released by the Canadian label "Cyclonic Productions".
The compilatiion brought out many of the undernoticed bands
in the influential mid-1990's Black Metal scene.
"Bishop of Hexen" has based all of its work thus far, both musically & lyrically,
according to an ancient legendary concept, which is,
in oppose to countless other concepts used by metal bands,
an original one which was written by the band itself.